Saturday, September 19, 2015

Chocobanana cupcakes with peanut butter swiss meringue buttercream

I saw this recipe sometime back and decided I must one day try it.

Chocolate and bananas in a cupcakes, with peanut butter frosting? Crazy combination. I am usually quite resistant to try new cupcakes recipes because they are mostly too sweet and also because I have my stash of favourites by now.

Although I have been baking for a while now, I actually haven't baked a chocolate-banana cupcake. This is really worth a shot as I'm so impressed with the strong aroma the bananas produced.

Adapted from domestic goddesswannabe
Makes ~30-35 mini cupcakes

225g self-raising flour, sifted
25g cocoa powder
220g caster sugar - I used 150g
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature -I used salted
2 eggs
160ml milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 medium (400g) - mine came out to 215g and thats all i had bananas, mashed

Instructions

In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until the mixture turns light and fluffy.

Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add the mashed bananas and mix to distribute.

Finally, fold in the flour and milk in the sequence flour-milk-flour-milk-flour. - I folded in the flour mixture all at once and mixed in the milk.

Dish the batter into cupcake liners until each is 2/3 full. - I used mini cupcake liners and filled them 2/3 full

Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes. -I used a fan forced oven and baked at 160C for 15min

Allow the cupcakes to cool in the baking trays for 10-15 minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Peanut butter smbc

60g egg white (~2 egg whites)
25g caster sugar
140g salted butter, cubed and cold
40g creamy peanut butter

Whisk egg white and sugar over a pot of simmering water till hot to touch.

Removed from heat and whisk till stiff peaks form.

Add in cubed butter one at a time and whisk till fluffy. The mixutre will look curdled at some point but keep whisking till it comes together.

Add in the peanut butter and whisk till well combined.

frost the cooled cupcakes and top with chocolate shavings and crushed peanuts

Related Posts with Thumbnails