Tuesday, December 30, 2008

back from a break..

i've been away for quite a while, not because i'm too lazy to update my bakes alr, but simply because i was away!

it was a a trip i pretty much looked forward to and well, though i had not enjoyed it tremendously, i still had a fun time.

My greatest regret is not being able to visit Laudree while i was in paris.
I passsed by it several times but just did not make it into the shop. sigh. While i managed to try some macarons from another shop in interlaken, switzerland, i must say i was pretty impressed and surprised that it didnt taste annoyingly sweet! it had a nice thin crisp shell on the outside and my teeth sank into the soft,moist center. lovely! it was more of the texture i made using the french meringue method (minus the air pockets i had)

Now, i have more reasons to experiment more!

With cny just around the corner, it's time for me to start baking up cny goodies. I missed giving out some christmas bakes and missed the opportunities to bake more christmas stuffs so i must make the most out of chinese new yr. I hope i will!

=D Glad to be back!
Related Posts with Thumbnails