Monday, February 9, 2009

an edible handbag?


Another fun-filled cake decorating workshop by Anna from sugar inc cakes. Made this cute little handbag cake during class when it came in real handy as i went to attend my niece's birthday party. I hope she liked the cake!

This was a velvety chocolate cake (real soft and moist) sandwiched with swiss meringue white chocolate buttercream and covered and decorated with fondant =)

It was surprisingly easy and not as difficult as I thought it would be. Just a personal opinion, I thought it was much more easier compared to the cartoon cakes workshop actually.

This is something i would definitely make again and again, as long as there are requests for it. =) Fondant is really nice and easy to work with and really simple to make it yourself.

Really happy and satisfied with the outcome! I've always feared making fondant covered cakes as they always seem like such a huge project to me and all. But after this lesson, it is really not as difficult as you think it is. I'm glad, really glad i went for this class =D Thank you Anna!
Related Posts with Thumbnails